Do Not Let Your Eyes Dry Out
Our practice can provide numerous therapies for dry eyes, depending on the specific factors of your case. Visit us today and get started on the road to relief.
A Detailed Look at Dry Eye
Eyes that feel dry occasionally are normal, but eyes that are constantly dry and itchy are not. Chronic dry eye disease happens when your tears cannot lubricate your eyes correctly. This normally occurs because the eyes stop producing enough tears, or the quality of the tears they produce drops.
What Do Dry Eyes Feel Like?
Who Has the Most Risk for Dry Eye?
The following factors can increase your risk for dry eye:
- Being older than 50
- Having hepatitis C, a vitamin A deficiency, or some vascular diseases
- Changing hormones from pregnancy, menopause, postmenopausal estrogen treatments, or an androgen insufficiency
- Taking antihistamines or certain medications (like specific antidepressants and SSRIs)
- Recovering from corneal surgery or stem cell therapy
- Previous radiation exposure (including chemotherapy)
Dealing with Dry Eye
Our eye doctors might suggest one or more of the following therapies for your dry eye symptoms:
- Artificial tears that reduce symptoms by supplying additional moisture to your eyes.
- Topical steroids that have anti-inflammatory properties and can often reduce even severe dry eye symptoms.
- Blephex, which is an in-office procedure your eye doctor can administer to remove bacteria and toxins from your eyelids.
- Heat masks that reduce inflammation by applying mild pressure and warmth to fight inflammation.
- Eyelid-Cleansing Wipes to keep your eyelids clean and reduce irritation while using other therapies.
Say Goodbye to Dry Eye
Dry eyes do not have to be an everyday challenge. Please contact our practice to learn more about how we can help alleviate your symptoms.
Come See Us
We have plenty of convenient parking in the Southwood Corner shopping centre at the junction of Southland Drive & Elbow Drive.
- 160-10233 Elbow Drive SW
- Calgary, Alberta T2W 1E8
Hours of Operation
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Comprehensive Eye Exams
The best thing you can do for your visual health is to get regular eye exams. Our thorough exams include detailed explanations of all tests, plus advanced diagnostic imaging.
Relief From Dry Eye
Our dry climate combined with the digital reality of many people’s working lives makes irritating dry eye symptoms incredibly common among Calgarians. Learn how we can help you find relief.
Contact Lens Fittings
Your eyes deserve fresh-feeling, comfortable contacts that deliver impeccable vision. Allow our optometrist to help you find the optimal fit and prescription for your unique eyes.
Gorgeous frames? Check. Flawless lenses? Check. Find your new favourite glasses in our optical boutique.